We would like to thank Jean-Laurent Rosenthal, Gilles Postel-Vinay, Pierre-Cyrille Hautcoeur, Leandro Prados de la Escosura, and the referees for their comments and suggestions. Financial support was received from the HI-POD Project, European Commission's Seventh Research Framework Programme and Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (Spain) HAR2012-39034-C03-02.
Debt policy under constraints: Philip II, the Cortes, and Genoese bankers†
Article first published online: 22 MAY 2013
© Economic History Society 2013
The Economic History Review
Volume 67, Issue 1, pages 192–213, February 2014
How to Cite
Álvarez-Nogal, C. and Chamley, C. (2014), Debt policy under constraints: Philip II, the Cortes, and Genoese bankers. The Economic History Review, 67: 192–213. doi: 10.1111/1468-0289.12010
- Issue published online: 15 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 22 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 16 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 17 JAN 2012
- HI-POD Project
- European Commission's Seventh Research Framework Programme
- Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (Spain). Grant Number: HAR2012-39034-C03-02
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!