I wish to thank two anonymous referees for comments that substantially improved the article. Furthermore I am particularly grateful to Carsten Burhop for providing unpublished material and very helpful comments on different versions of this article. The article further benefited from discussions with David Chambers, Leslie Hannah, Kevin O'Rourke, and participants at the Cambridge EuroHISTOCK II workshop and the Economic History Society Annual conference 2010 in Durham, as well as from suggestions by seminar participants in Antwerp, Cologne, Hohenheim, and Oxford. Thanks are also owed to Katia Kube for able research assistance. This research was conducted while the author was funded by the German Research Foundation as part of the ‘Aktienerstemissionen und Kapitalmarktentwicklung im Deutschen Reich, 1871–1913’ project (BU 1805/7-1). Any remaining errors are mine alone.
Taking firms to the stock market: IPOs and the importance of large banks in imperial Germany, 1896–1913†
Version of Record online: 12 JUL 2013
© Economic History Society 2013
The Economic History Review
Volume 67, Issue 1, pages 92–122, February 2014
How to Cite
Lehmann, S. H. (2014), Taking firms to the stock market: IPOs and the importance of large banks in imperial Germany, 1896–1913. The Economic History Review, 67: 92–122. doi: 10.1111/1468-0289.12016
- Issue online: 15 JAN 2014
- Version of Record online: 12 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 15 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 1 FEB 2012
- German Research Foundation
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!