Thanks to Achyuta Adhvaryu, Gareth Austin, Prashant Bharadwaj, William Gervase Clarence-Smith, Mark Harrison, Gregg Huff, Morten Jerven, Avner Offer, Dickson Oriakhi, Benson Osadolor, Uyilawa Usuanlele, and Charlotte Walker for comments. Further thanks to Veronika Hlávková and Gregs Thomopulos for information on buying firms. This project was made possible by the Coca Cola World Fund at Yale, the Georg W. Leitner Program, the John F. Enders Fund, and the Economic Growth Center at Yale. Joseph Ayodokun (firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.nigeriaresearch.com), Monday Egharevba, and Amen Uyigue provided excellent research assistance. Many thanks to Isiaka Bakare and the Rubber Research Institute of Nigeria for logistical support.
The battle for rubber in Benin†
Article first published online: 25 FEB 2014
© Economic History Society 2014
The Economic History Review
Special Issue: The Renaissance of African Economic History
Volume 67, Issue 4, pages 1012–1034, November 2014
How to Cite
Fenske, J. (2014), The battle for rubber in Benin. The Economic History Review, 67: 1012–1034. doi: 10.1111/1468-0289.12044
- Issue published online: 1 OCT 2014
- Article first published online: 25 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 9 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Received: 23 OCT 2012
- Coca Cola World Fund at Yale
- Georg W. Leitner Program
- John F. Enders Fund
- Economic Growth Center at Yale
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!