This paper was presented at the 2001 Rutgers Conference on Capital Structure, Lancaster University, McMaster University, and University of Southern California. We appreciate comments received from participants at these seminars, as well as Peter McKay, Mark Weinstein and especially David Mauer. We also thank two anonymous referees for their feedback and for many useful suggestions, and the editor Mike Wickens for his guidance. Finally, we thank John Graham for access to his corporate tax rate estimates. We are responsible for any remaining errors. Sudipto Sarkar acknowledges financial support from a McMaster University Research Grant.
The Trade-off Model with Mean Reverting Earnings: Theory and Empirical Tests*
Article first published online: 29 SEP 2003
The Economic Journal
Volume 113, Issue 490, pages 834–860, October 2003
How to Cite
Sarkar, S. and Zapatero, F. (2003), The Trade-off Model with Mean Reverting Earnings: Theory and Empirical Tests. The Economic Journal, 113: 834–860. doi: 10.1111/1468-0297.t01-1-00156
- Issue published online: 29 SEP 2003
- Article first published online: 29 SEP 2003
- Date of receipt of first submission: October 2000 Date of receipt of final typescript: January 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!