The author would like to thank Matthew Fitzpatrick, associate professor in international history, Flinders University, and Evan Smith, postdoctoral fellow, Flinders University, for commenting on earlier versions of this article. Thanks are also due to the audiences at the Flinders History Research Seminar Series (18 March 2011) and at the Australasian Association for European History, XXII biennial conference, ‘War and peace, civilisation and barbarism in modern Europe and its empires’, Perth (11–14 July 2011), where the author presented earlier versions of this article. Research for this article was conducted in 2010 in England when the author was granted funds under the Flinders Research Scheme, Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences, for which he is most grateful.
Imperialism first, the war second: the British, an Armenian legion, and deliberations on where to attack the Ottoman empire, November 1914–April 1915†
Article first published online: 12 MAR 2014
© 2014 Institute of Historical Research
Volume 87, Issue 237, pages 533–555, August 2014
How to Cite
Varnava, A. (2014), Imperialism first, the war second: the British, an Armenian legion, and deliberations on where to attack the Ottoman empire, November 1914–April 1915. Historical Research, 87: 533–555. doi: 10.1111/1468-2281.12054
- Issue published online: 15 JUL 2014
- Article first published online: 12 MAR 2014
- Flinders Research Scheme, Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!