I would like to acknowledge financial support for this research from the University of Tampere and the Academy of Finland, in particular the Centre of Excellence on Russian Modernization. I am also grateful to many of my colleagues, including but not confined to Ulla Anttila, Clive Archer, Juhana Aunesluoma, Alyson Bailes, Henrik Breitenbauch, Kjell Engelbrekt, Pertti Joenniemi, Hanna Ojanen, Teemu Palosaari, Håkon Lunde Saxi, Teija Tiilikainen and Jacob Westberg, as well as to officials, military officers and politicians in the Nordic countries, for many background discussions and diverse research material over the years during which this article has been in the making. I would also like to thank Hiski Haukkala and Pekka Visuri, as well as the anonymous reviewer, for excellent specific comments and suggestions for improving the article at the final stage.
The rise of Nordic defence cooperation: a return to regionalism?
Article first published online: 10 SEP 2013
© 2013 The Author(s). International Affairs © 2013 The Royal Institute of International Affairs.
Volume 89, Issue 5, pages 1161–1181, September 2013
How to Cite
FORSBERG, T. (2013), The rise of Nordic defence cooperation: a return to regionalism?. International Affairs, 89: 1161–1181. doi: 10.1111/1468-2346.12065
- Issue published online: 10 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 10 SEP 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!