We acknowledge the support of the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) (grant number RES-000-23-0793) ‘Gentrification, ethnicity and education in East London’ for their support. We would also like to thank Dr Sadiq Mir for undertaking — with Mark Ramsden — the interviews on which this article is based. We would also like to acknowledge the comments of three anonymous IJURR referees who have been very supportive in helping us hone the argument presented here and resist the temptation to revisit past debates for the sake of it.
Gentrification, Education and Exclusionary Displacement in East London
Version of Record online: 30 JAN 2013
© 2013 Urban Research Publications Limited
International Journal of Urban and Regional Research
Volume 37, Issue 2, pages 556–575, March 2013
How to Cite
Butler, T., Hamnett, C. and Ramsden, M. J. (2013), Gentrification, Education and Exclusionary Displacement in East London. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, 37: 556–575. doi: 10.1111/1468-2427.12001
- Issue online: 26 FEB 2013
- Version of Record online: 30 JAN 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!