I would like to extend my gratitude to friends, colleagues and comrades who helped shape the ideas reflected in this article. I am especially indebted to the Right to the City Alliance activists in New York City and Boston both for the inspiration and guidance they provided through their day-to-day struggle and political action. Yunus Doğan Telliel, David Harvey and Sinan Hoşadam provided insightful comments on earlier versions of the manuscript, while the anonymous IJURR referees had invaluable suggestions for the ultimate form this article should take. Finally, special thanks go to Ayça Çubukçu and Neil Smith for their foundational role in the formation of my thoughts in this article and certainly beyond. This article is dedicated to the memory of Neil Smith.
The Vortex of Rights: ‘Right to the City’ at a Crossroads
Version of Record online: 26 MAR 2013
© 2013 Urban Research Publications Limited
International Journal of Urban and Regional Research
Volume 37, Issue 3, pages 923–940, May 2013
How to Cite
Kuymulu, M. B. (2013), The Vortex of Rights: ‘Right to the City’ at a Crossroads. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, 37: 923–940. doi: 10.1111/1468-2427.12008
- Issue online: 24 APR 2013
- Version of Record online: 26 MAR 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!