I wish to extend my gratitude to the anonymous IJURR referees for their helpful and supportive comments. A protean version of this article was presented at the AESOP annual conference in Helsinki, 7–10 July 2010. Earlier versions of the article have further benefited from generous and helpful comments from Frida Andersson, Beatrix Haselsberger, Patsy Healey, Jean Hillier and Gunnar Olsson — who have all helped me greatly in clarifying and thinking through my arguments. Special gratitude is extended to Jonas Bylund whose acute reading of a late version of the article helped me find ways to navigate some dire straits. Of course, none of them bear any responsibility for any lapses, errors and misinterpretations remaining in the article. The research presented in this article was financed by FORMAS assistant professorship grant # 250-2009-1187.
Raising the Regional Leviathan: A Relational-Materialist Conceptualization of Regions-in-Becoming as Publics-in-Stabilization
Article first published online: 27 MAY 2013
© 2013 Urban Research Publications Limited
International Journal of Urban and Regional Research
Volume 37, Issue 4, pages 1368–1395, July 2013
How to Cite
Metzger, J. (2013), Raising the Regional Leviathan: A Relational-Materialist Conceptualization of Regions-in-Becoming as Publics-in-Stabilization. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, 37: 1368–1395. doi: 10.1111/1468-2427.12038
- Issue published online: 20 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 27 MAY 2013
- FORMAS. Grant Number: # 250-2009-1187
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!