Many of the ideas that inform this symposium emerged from a workshop entitled ‘Contesting the Indian City: State, Space and Citizenship in the Global Era’, held on 5–6 March 2010 at the Center for Studies of the Social Sciences of Calcutta (CSSSC). I would like to thank the faculty and administrators at CSSSC for both their intellectual input during the workshop and their help in logistics. Particular thanks are due to Keya Dasgupta, Sohel Firdos and Surajit Mukhopadhyay. I would also like to thank the United States-India Educational Foundation for providing a Fulbright-Nehru Fellowship that allowed me to spend four months in India in early 2010.
Contesting the Indian City: Global Visions and the Politics of the Local
Version of Record online: 9 OCT 2013
© 2013 Urban Research Publications Limited
International Journal of Urban and Regional Research
Volume 38, Issue 1, pages 1–13, January 2014
How to Cite
Shatkin, G. (2014), Contesting the Indian City: Global Visions and the Politics of the Local. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, 38: 1–13. doi: 10.1111/1468-2427.12039
- Issue online: 23 DEC 2013
- Version of Record online: 9 OCT 2013
- United States-India Educational Foundation
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!