This essay is a revised, updated and edited version of a thematic report on the financial crisis and the right to adequate housing presented by myself (as UN Special Rapporteur on the right to adequate housing) to the UN Human Rights Council in March 2009. The report was written with the assistance of Bahram Ghazi, then assistant to the housing mandate in the Office of the High Commissioner of Human Rights.
Debates and Developments
Late Neoliberalism: The Financialization of Homeownership and Housing Rights
Version of Record online: 24 APR 2013
© 2013 Urban Research Publications Limited
International Journal of Urban and Regional Research
Volume 37, Issue 3, pages 1058–1066, May 2013
How to Cite
Rolnik, R. (2013), Late Neoliberalism: The Financialization of Homeownership and Housing Rights. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, 37: 1058–1066. doi: 10.1111/1468-2427.12062
- Issue online: 24 APR 2013
- Version of Record online: 24 APR 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!