I would like to thank Neil Brenner, Craig Calhoun, Peter Marcuse and Nicole Marwell, all of whom offered helpful suggestions on earlier versions of this article. I thank Tom Slater for talking through these issues with me, and anonymous IJURR reviewers who offered many helpful comments. I also sincerely thank Karen Barkey for her detailed comments and assistance. The article benefitted immensely from the help of Rachel Faulkner-Gurstein, who improved this article in countless ways. I deeply appreciate her help. Some of this research was funded by a grant from the US Department of Housingand Urban Development (Grant Number HUD H- 21541SG), for which I am grateful. And finally, I want to thank all of the Brooklynites who took the time and energy to speak with me over the course of this larger research project. While they remain anonymous here, I very much appreciate their assistance and insight.
Neighborhood as Spatial Project: Making the Urban Order on the Downtown Brooklyn Waterfront
Article first published online: 30 JUL 2013
© 2013 Urban Research Publications Limited
International Journal of Urban and Regional Research
Volume 38, Issue 2, pages 471–497, March 2014
How to Cite
Madden, D. J. (2014), Neighborhood as Spatial Project: Making the Urban Order on the Downtown Brooklyn Waterfront. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, 38: 471–497. doi: 10.1111/1468-2427.12068
- Issue published online: 27 FEB 2014
- Article first published online: 30 JUL 2013
- US Department of Housingand Urban Development. Grant Number: HUD H- 21541SG
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!