This article has been produced within the framework of a funded project by the Spanish National Plan of I+D+i (Ref. CSO2011-23079). Comments and suggestions made by three IJURR referees have been very helpful in improving the first version of the article. I also thank Lucy Finchett-Maddock and Edward Dee, two members of SqEK (Squatting Europe Kollective), for their qualified revision and editing. In addition, many other SqEK members contributed to the discussion of my arguments in the meetings we started to hold in 2009. Countless fellow squatters in Madrid provided me, finally, with very valuable information and political examples, so I consider this research, above all, as a grateful feedback to them.
How Do Squatters Deal with the State? Legalization and Anomalous Institutionalization in Madrid
Article first published online: 9 OCT 2013
© 2013 Urban Research Publications Limited
International Journal of Urban and Regional Research
Volume 38, Issue 2, pages 646–674, March 2014
How to Cite
A. Martínez, M. (2014), How Do Squatters Deal with the State? Legalization and Anomalous Institutionalization in Madrid. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, 38: 646–674. doi: 10.1111/1468-2427.12086
- Issue published online: 27 FEB 2014
- Article first published online: 9 OCT 2013
- Spanish National Plan of I+D+i. Grant Number: CSO2011-23079
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!