This work was supported by The Netherlands Institute for the Study of Crime and Law Enforcement; and, the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council. We would like to thank Phil Goodman, Ron Levi and the anonymous reviewers for their readings and helpful comments on earlier drafts of this paper.
Strangers in a strange land: coping with imprisonment as a racial or ethnic foreign national inmate†
Article first published online: 2 SEP 2013
© London School of Economics and Political Science 2013
The British Journal of Sociology
Volume 64, Issue 3, pages 478–500, September 2013
How to Cite
Kruttschnitt, C., Dirkzwager, A. and Kennedy, L. (2013), Strangers in a strange land: coping with imprisonment as a racial or ethnic foreign national inmate. The British Journal of Sociology, 64: 478–500. doi: 10.1111/1468-4446.12028
- Issue published online: 2 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 2 SEP 2013
- The Netherlands Institute for the Study of Crime and Law Enforcement
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!