I'm grateful to both betting operators for granting me access to their shops and to staff and customers for their time and patience. The names of research participants have been changed in accordance with their wishes. Fieldwork was supported by the Economic and Social Research Council and the Responsibility in Gambling Trust, grant reference RES-164-25-0005. Writing up has taken place with support from the European Research Council, grant reference GAMSOC 263433.
Negotiating male sexualities
‘A place for men to come and do their thing’: constructing masculinities in betting shops in London†
Version of Record online: 29 OCT 2013
© London School of Economics and Political Science 2013
The British Journal of Sociology
Volume 65, Issue 1, pages 170–191, March 2014
How to Cite
Cassidy, R. (2014), ‘A place for men to come and do their thing’: constructing masculinities in betting shops in London. The British Journal of Sociology, 65: 170–191. doi: 10.1111/1468-4446.12044
- Issue online: 19 MAR 2014
- Version of Record online: 29 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: SEP 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!