The author is from the University of Cyprus. He has benefited from comments by participants at the 1999 Conference on ‘Contemporary Issues in the Capital Markets’ held at the University of Cyprus, and from comments and suggestions made by an anonymous referee. Eleftheria Ioannou and Stavroulla Michael provided competent research assistance. This research was partly funded by the HERMES Center of Excellence on Computational Finance & Economics. (Paper received March 2002, revised and accepted May 2002)
Length of Board Tenure and Outside Director Independence
Article first published online: 22 AUG 2003
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting
Volume 30, Issue 7-8, pages 1043–1064, September 2003
How to Cite
Vafeas, N. (2003), Length of Board Tenure and Outside Director Independence. Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, 30: 1043–1064. doi: 10.1111/1468-5957.05525
- Issue published online: 22 AUG 2003
- Article first published online: 22 AUG 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!