Mapping ongoing European research activities examining the infectious aetiology of chronic conditions
Version of Record online: 10 OCT 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Clinical Microbiology and Infection © 2012 European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
Clinical Microbiology and Infection
Volume 19, Issue 9, pages 814–821, September 2013
How to Cite
Semenza, J. C., Svederud, I., Medin, E., Orrskog, S. and Tsolova, S. (2013), Mapping ongoing European research activities examining the infectious aetiology of chronic conditions. Clinical Microbiology and Infection, 19: 814–821. doi: 10.1111/1469-0691.12030
- Issue online: 19 AUG 2013
- Version of Record online: 10 OCT 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 11 SEP 2012 11:21PM EST
- Original Submission: 21 May 2012; Revised Submission: 27 August 2012; Accepted: 1 September 2012 Editor: M. Paul
- 1WHO. Gaining Health. The European strategy for the prevention and control of non-communicable diseases.: WHO, Regional office for Europe.; 2006. Available at: http://www.euro.who.int/en/what-we-publish/abstracts/gaining-health.-the-european-strategy-for-the-prevention-and-control-of-noncommunicable-diseases (last accessed 27 October 2010).
- 2Sequelae and consequences of infectious diseases. Washington DC, USA: ASM Press, 2009., , .
- 3Knobler SL, O’Connor S, Lemon SM, Najafi M, eds. The infectious etiology of chronic diseases: defining the relationship enhancing the research, and mitigating the effects. Workshop summary. Washington DC, USA: The National Academies Press, 2004.
- 6Global burden of cancers attributable to infections in 2008: a review and synthetic analysis. Lancet Oncol2012; 13: 607–615., , et al.
- 9WHO. Chronic diseases and health promotion. Part two, chapter one: chronic diseases. Causes and health impact. Available at: http://www.who.int/chp/chronic_disease_report/part2_ch1/en/index12.html.
- 10European Commission. FP7. Available at: http://cordis.europa.eu/fp7/home_en.html. (last accessed 3 October 2011).
- 13Trypanocidal drugs for late stage, symptomatic Chagas disease (Trypanosoma cruzi infection). Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2005; (4): CD004102, 1–21., .
- 14A study on common sexually transmitted disease infection in infertile female attending to Infertility Clinic in HUSM, Kota Bharu, Kelantan. Int Med J2005; 12: 205–211., , , .
- 17European Commission. Work programme 2012, Health. 2012, Available at: ftp://ftp.cordis.europa.eu/pub/fp7/docs/wp/cooperation/health/a-wp-201201_en.pdf.