Epidemiology of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus carrying the novel mecC gene in Denmark corroborates a zoonotic reservoir with transmission to humans
Version of Record online: 19 OCT 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Clinical Microbiology and Infection © 2012 European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
Clinical Microbiology and Infection
Volume 19, Issue 1, pages E16–E22, January 2013
How to Cite
Petersen, A., Stegger, M., Heltberg, O., Christensen, J., Zeuthen, A., Knudsen, L. K., Urth, T., Sorum, M., Schouls, L., Larsen, J., Skov, R. and Larsen, A. R. (2013), Epidemiology of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus carrying the novel mecC gene in Denmark corroborates a zoonotic reservoir with transmission to humans. Clinical Microbiology and Infection, 19: E16–E22. doi: 10.1111/1469-0691.12036
- Issue online: 21 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 19 OCT 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 15 SEP 2012 03:40AM EST
- Original Submission: 30 March 2012; Revised Submission: 24 August 2012; Accepted: 30 August 2012 Editor: G. Lina
- 1Survey of infections due to Staphylococcus species: frequency of occurrence and antimicrobial susceptibility of isolates collected in the United States, Canada, Latin America, Europe, and the Western Pacific region for the SENTRY Antimicrobial Surveillance. Clin Infect Dis2001; 32 (Suppl 2): S114–S132., , et al.
- 8International Working group on the classification of stephylococcal Cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec): Guidelines for reporting novel mecA Gene Homologues. Antimicrob Agents Chemother2012. doi: 10.1128/AAc.01197-12.
- 9Detection of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec type XI carrying highly divergent mecA, mecI, mecR1, blaZ, and ccr genes in human clinical isolates of clonal complex 130 methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Antimicrob Agents Chemother2011; 55: 3765–3773., , et al.
- 19Harmonization of pulsed-field gel electrophoresis protocols for epidemiological typing of strains of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: a single approach developed by consensus in 10 European laboratories and its application for tracing the spread of related strains. J Clin Microbiol2003; 41: 1574–1585., , et al.
- 23DANMAP2011. Use of antimicrobial agents and occurrence of antimicrobial resistance in bacteria from food animals, food and humans in Denmark. ISSN 1600–2032.