Comparative performance of Thin Layer Agar and Löwenstein–Jensen culture for diagnosis of tuberculosis
Article first published online: 6 JUN 2013
© 2013 The Authors Clinical Microbiology and Infection © 2013 European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
Clinical Microbiology and Infection
Volume 19, Issue 11, pages E502–E508, November 2013
How to Cite
Clin Microbiol Infect 2013; 19: E502–E508
- Issue published online: 11 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 6 JUN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 17 MAY 2013 01:25AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 5 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 16 JAN 2013
- Belgian government FWO
- 1World Health Organization. Global tuberculosis control report 2012. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2012.
- 11Five year experience with thin layer agar medium for rapid diagnosis of tuberculosis. Biomédica 2004; 24(suppl 1): 52–59., , , , .
- 12Microcolony detection in thin layer culture as an alternative method for rapid detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in clinical specimens. Braz J Infect Dis 2007;38:421–423., , et al.
- 15Tuberculosis prevalence survey in Indonesia. Jakarta: National Institute of Health Research and Development Ministry of Health, Republic of Indonesia, 2005., , et al.
- 17Ministry of Health Republic of Indonesia. National guideline for tuberculosis control. Jakarta: Ministry of Health, Republic of Indonesia, 2007.
- 18Public health mycobacteriology: a guide for level iii laboratory. Atlanta, GA: US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Centers for Disease Control, 1985., .
- 19International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease. Technical guide: sputum examination for tuberculosis by direct microscopy in low income countries, 5th edn. Paris: International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease, 2000.
- 20Procedure manual. Thin Layer Agar (TLA). Microcolony detection. Rapid culture of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. [Online] Available from: http://tbevidence.org/documents/rescentre/sop/Procedure%20manual%20TLA%20version%2006%202012.pdf [updated 1-6-2012; cited 30-10-2012]., .
- 21Ministry of Health Republic of Indonesia. Guideline for culture, identification and sensitivity test of Mycobacterium tuberculosis from respiratory tract. Jakarta, Indonesia: Ministry of Health Republic of Indonesia, 2010.
- 22World Health Organization. Laboratory Services in tuberculosis control. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1998.
- 23OpenEpi: Open Source Epidemiologic Statistics for Public Health, Version 2.3.1. Available from: http://openepi.com [updated 23-6-2011; last accessed 10-03-2013]., , .
- 24Evaluation of diagnostic tests for infectious diseases: general principles. Nat Rev Microbiol 2006; 4(suppl 9): S21–S31., , et al.
- 29Evaluation of a microcolony detection method and phage assay for rapid detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in sputum samples. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 2006; 37: 1187–1195., , , , .