Article first published online: 6 FEB 2013
© 2013 European Association of Social Anthropologists.
Volume 21, Issue 1, pages 57–61, February 2013
How to Cite
Napier, A. D. (2013), Disaster play. Social Anthropology, 21: 57–61. doi: 10.1111/1469-8676.12005
- Issue published online: 6 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 6 FEB 2013
- 1993. Disaster, relief and the media . London : I.B. Tauris.
- 2003. Philosophy in a time of terror: dialogues with Jürgen Jacques Habermas and Derrida . Chicago , IL : University of Chicago Press.
- 2009. The empire of trauma: an inquiry into the condition of victimhood. R. Gomme Trans. Princeton , NJ : Princeton University Press. and
- 1997. The new history in an old museum: creating the past at Colonial Williamsburg . Durham , NC : Duke University Press. and
- 2005. ‘In search of a theory of public memory: the state, the individual, and Marcel Proust’, Indiana Law Journal 80: 604–726.
- 2012. ‘L’Aquila quake: Italy scientists guilty of manslaughter’, BBC New Europe 22 October.
- 1978. Four arguments for the elimination of television . New York : William Morrow.
- 2003. The age of immunology: conceiving a future in an alienating world . Berkeley , CA : University of California Press.
- 2004. The righting of passage: perceptions of change after modernity . Philadelphia , PA : University of Pennsylvania Press.
- 2008. Post-Nargis Periodic Review I: A report prepared by the Tripartite Core Group (Government of the Union of Myanmar, Association of Southeast Asian Nations, and the United Nations) (anonymous co-author): December. Yangon : ASEAN, Government of Mynamar, United Nations. et al .
- 1887 . On the genealogy of morals . D. Smith Trans. Oxford : Oxford University Press.
- 2010. ‘States, secrecy, subversives: APRA and political fantasy in mid-20th-century Peru’, American Ethnologist 37: 681–702.
- 1994. The imaginary war: civil defense and American Cold War culture . New York : Oxford University Press.
- 2006. Panic diaries: a genealogy of panic disorder . Durham , NC : Duke University Press.
- 2002. ‘International NGOs and primary health care in Mozambique: the need for a new model of collaboration’, Social Science and Medicine 56: 725–38.
- 2002. An American family: a televised life . Minneapolis , MN : University of Minnesota Press.
- 1993. Performing the pilgrims: a study of ethnohistorical role-playing at Plimoth Plantation . Jackson , MS : University Press of Mississippi.
- 1992. Mimesis and alterity: a particular history of the senses . New York : Routledge.
- 2006. Living history: producing historical narrative in the service economy . UMI Microform (Dissertation: University of Minnesota).
- 1969. ‘The human choice: individuation, reason, and order versus deindividuation, impulse, and chaos’, Nebraska Symposium on Motivation 17: 237–307.