A long-term occupation: police and the figures of the stranger
Version of Record online: 23 AUG 2013
© 2013 European Association of Social Anthropologists.
Volume 21, Issue 3, pages 378–384, August 2013
How to Cite
Han, C. (2013), A long-term occupation: police and the figures of the stranger. Social Anthropology, 21: 378–384. doi: 10.1111/1469-8676.12036
- Issue online: 23 AUG 2013
- Version of Record online: 23 AUG 2013
- 2012. ‘In harm's way at the urban margins’, Ethnography 13(4): 531–57. and
- 1911. Laughter: An Essay on the Meaning of the Comic. New York: Macmillan.
- 1979. Violence and the Sacred. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press.
- 2012. Outlawed: Between Security and Rights in a Bolivian City. Durham, NC: Duke University Press.
- 2006. Death squads and democracy in northeast Brazil, in J. Comaroff and J. Comaroff (eds.), Law and Disorder in the Postcolony, 150–87. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press.
- 1908 . The stranger, in D. Levine (ed.), Georg Simmel: On Individuality and Social Forms, 143–9. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press.