Progesterone to prevent preterm birth in twin gestations: what is the next step forward?
Article first published online: 12 DEC 2012
© Published 2013. This article is a U.S. Government work and is in the public domain in the USA. © 2013 RCOG
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 120, Issue 1, pages 1–4, January 2013
How to Cite
Romero, R. (2013), Progesterone to prevent preterm birth in twin gestations: what is the next step forward?. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 120: 1–4. doi: 10.1111/1471-0528.12019
- Issue published online: 12 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 12 DEC 2012
- Accepted 4 September 2012.
- 8Vaginal progesterone reduces the rate of preterm birth in women with a sonographic short cervix: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol2011;38:18–31., , , , , , et al.
- 16Prevention of preterm delivery in twin gestations (PREDICT): a multicentre randomised placebo-controlled trial on the effect of vaginal micronised progesterone. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol2011;38:272–80., , , , .
- 21Vaginal progesterone is associated with a decrease in risk for early preterm birth and improved neonatal outcome in women with a short cervix: a secondary analysis from a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol2007;30:697–705., , , , , , et al.
- 26The frequency and clinical significance of intra-amniotic inflammation in twin pregnancies with preterm labor and intact membranes. 30th Annual Meeting of the Society of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, February 1-6, 2010, Chicago, IL. Am J Obstet Gynecol2010; 201:S166. Poster Presentation 0434., , , , , .