Smoking cessation in pregnant women with mental disorders: a cohort and nested qualitative study
Article first published online: 21 NOV 2012
© 2012 The Authors BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology © 2012 RCOG
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 120, Issue 3, pages 362–370, February 2013
How to Cite
Smoking cessation in pregnant women with mental disorders: a cohort and nested qualitative study. BJOG 2013; 120:362-370 ., , , , , .
- Issue published online: 14 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 21 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 SEP 2012
- Foundation for the Study of Infant Deaths
- 3Royal College of Physicians. Passive smoking and children: a report of the Tobacco Advisory Group of the Royal College of Physicians. London: Royal College of Physicians, 2010.
- 4NHS Information Centre for Health and Social Care. Statistics on women's smoking status at time of delivery: England, Quarter 3, 2012 www.ic.nhs.uk. Accessed October 2012.
- 5U.S. Department of Health and Human Services HRaSAMaCHB. Women's Health USA 2010. Rockville, MD: US Department of Health and Human Services, 2010.
- 6World Health Organisation. WHO report on the global TOBACCO epidemic.Geneva: WHO, 2008.
- 8Smoking behaviour of recent mothers, 18–44 years of age, before and after pregnancy: United States, 1990. In: , editor. Advance Data. Atlanta, GA: National Center for Health Statistics, Centre for Disease Control, 1997:11., .
- 16Interventions for promoting smoking cessation during pregnancy. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2009;Issue 3:CD001055. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD001055.pub3., , , , , .
- 18NICE. How to stop smoking in pregnancy and following childbirth. NICE public health guidance 26: Quitting smoking in pregnancy and following childbirth. London: NICE, 2010.
- 20Department for Communities and Local Government.English indices of deprivation 2010. [www.communities.gov.uk/publications/corporate/statistics/indices2010]. Accessed 4 March 2012.
- 21NICE. Antenatal and postnatal mental health: clinical management and service guidance. London: NICE, 2007.
- 22The risk of perinatal death stratified by gestational age and modified by maternal age. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2011;204:S73–4., , , , .
- 24StataCorp.Statistics/data analysis Stata v10.1 Copyright 1984–2009.
- 26Qualitative data analysis for applied policy research. In: Bryman A, Burgess R, editors. Analysing Qualitative Data. London: Routledge, 1994:173–94., , , .
- 27Child custody loss among women with persistent severe mental illness. Soc Work Res 2004;28:199–209..
- 35A meta-analysis of depression during pregnancy and the risk of preterm birth, low birth weight, and intrauterine growth restriction. Arch Gen Psychiatry 2010;67:1012–24., , , , , .
- 40Reliability of self reported smoking status by pregnant women for estimating smoking prevalence: a retrospective, cross sectional study. Br Med J 2009;29:339..
- 46Interventions for smoking cessation and reduction in individuals with schizophrenia. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2010;Issue 6:CD007253. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD007253.pub2., , .
- 48Smoking cessation and relapse among pregnant African-American smokers in Washington, DC. Matern Child Health J 2011;15(Suppl. 1):S96–105., , , .
- 51Influence of environmental factors in higher risk of sudden infant death syndrome linked with parental mental illness. Arch Gen Psychiatry 2010;67:69–77., , , , , , et al.