Maternal and infant outcome after caesarean section without recorded medical indication: findings from a Swedish case–control study
Version of Record online: 15 JAN 2013
© 2013 The Authors BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology © 2013 RCOG
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 120, Issue 4, pages 479–486, March 2013
How to Cite
Maternal and infant outcome after caesarean section without recorded medical indication: findings from a Swedish case–control study. BJOG 2013; DOI: 10.1111/1471-0528.12129., , .
- Issue online: 12 FEB 2013
- Version of Record online: 15 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 NOV 2012
- County Council of Västernorrland
- Northern County Councils of Sweden
- Swedish Research Council
- Mid Sweden University
- 3World Health Organization, International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1996
- 4Swedish Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Work and Reference group report no. 51 on childbirth related fear. Fear of Giving birth (in Swedish). Östervåla: Elanders Tofters, 2004.
- 8Caesarean section on maternal request: risks and benefits I healthy nulliparous women and their infants. J Obstet Gynaecol Can 2009;31:808–17., , , , , , et al.
- 9Cesarean delivery on maternal request. Evid Rep technol Assess 2006;133:1–138., , , , , , et al.
- 12Risk of selected postpartum infections after cesarean section compared with vaginal birth: a five year cohort study of 32,468 women. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 2009;29:1–8., , , , .
- 13Kejsarsnitt i Sverige 1990–2001 [Caesarean Section in Sweden]. Stockholm: Epidemiologiskt Centrum, Socialstyrelsen (Center of Epidemiology, National Board of Health and Welfare), 2005., ,
- 14Maternal and neonatal individual risks and benefits associated with caesarean delivery: multicentre prospective study. BMJ 2007;17:335., , , , , , et al.
- 16Planned vaginal delivery versus planned caesarean section: short-term medical outcome analysed according to intended mode of delivery. J Obstet Gynaecol Can 2011;33:796–802., , , .
- 21Maternal and neonatal outcomes by labour onset type and gestational age. Am J Obstst Gynekol 2010;202:245e1–e12., , , , , , et al.
- 28Postpartum anemia I: definition, prevalence, causes and consequences. Ann Hematol 2012;91:143–54..
- 34The health implications of birth by caesarean section. Biol Rev 2012;111:823–8., , , .
- 36Parental experience of having an infant in the newborn intensive care unit. J Perinatal Educ 2009;18:23–9., , .
- 37NIH, State-of-the-Science Statement once sarean delivery on maternal request. NIH Consens Sci Statements 2006;29:23.