Alcohol-use disorders during and within one year of pregnancy: a population-based cohort study 1985–2006
Version of Record online: 19 FEB 2013
© 2013 The Authors BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology © 2013 RCOG
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 120, Issue 6, pages 744–753, May 2013
How to Cite
Alcohol-use disorders during and within one year of pregnancy: a population-based cohort study 1985–2006. BJOG 2013;120:744–753., , , , .
- Issue online: 9 APR 2013
- Version of Record online: 19 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 31 DEC 2012
- Australian National Health and Medical Research Council
- Public Health (Australia) Fellowship. Grant Number: 594451
- NHMRC programme grant. Grant Number: 572742
- NHMRC Fellowship. Grant Number: 1021252
- NHMRC Research Fellowship. Grant Number: 634341
- Curtin University
- Western Australian Drug and Alcohol Office
- 1British Medical Association Board of Science. Alcohol Misuse: tackling the UK Epidemic. London: British Medical Association, 2008.
- 5Australian Bureau of Statistics. Alcohol Consumption in Australia: a Snapshot, 2004–05. Canberra: Australian Government, 2006. Report No.: 4832.0.55.001. [http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/mf/4832.0.55.001?OpenDocument; http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/allprimarymainfeatures/9C513A3DB275E740CA257A0100135A89?opendocument]. Accessed 28 October 2011.
- 7Smoking and drinking among adults, 2009. A report on the 2009 General Lifestyle Survey. Wales, UK: Office for National Statistics; 2011., .
- 8Drinking in the UK: an Exploration of Trends. London: Joseph Rowntree Foundation [http://www.jrf.org.uk/] 2009. Accessed 13 December 2010., .
- 11Alcohol Needs Assessment Research Project. London: Department of Health UK, Division of Mental Health St George's, University of London, Kable Limited, MORI Social Research Institute, 2005., , , , , , et al.
- 14Alcohol Use Among Pregnant and Nonpregnant Women of Childbearing Age in the United States, 1991–2005. Atlanta, GA: Centre for Disease Control, 2009., , , .
- 15Alcohol Use and Pregnancy: an Important Canadian Public Health and Social Issue. Ottawa, ON: Public Health Agency of Canada, 2006., .
- 20Review of the Effectiveness of Treatment for Alcohol Problems. London: National Treatment Agency for Substance Misuse, 2006., , .
- 21Centers for Disease Control & Prevention. Fetal Alcohol Syndrome: guidelines for Referral and Diagnosis. Atlanta, GA: CDC, 2004.
- 32Western Australian Department of Health. Western Australia's Mothers and Babies, 2009. Twenty-seventh Annual Report of the Western Australian Midwives' Notification System. Perth, Western Australia: Government of Western Australia, 2011.
- 33Report of the Birth Defects Registry of Western Australia; 1980–2008. Perth, Western Australia: King Edward Memorial Hospital, 2009., , , , , .
- 37Bibbulung Gnarneep (Solid Kid): determinants of Health Outcomes during Early Childhood of Aboriginal Children Residing in an Urban Area. Perth: University of Western Australia, 2003..
- 45Commonwealth of Australia. Alcohol in Australia: issues and Strategies. Canberra: Commonwealth Department of Health and Ageing, 2001.
- 46Commonwealth of Australia. National Alcohol Strategy: a Plan for Action 2001–2003/04. Canberra: Commonwealth Department of Health and Ageing, 2001.
- 48National Health and Medical Research Council. Australian guidelines to reduce health risks from drinking alcohol. Canberra: Australian Government; 2009 February, 2009.
- 50Western Australian Drug and Alcohol Office. Strong Spirit Strong Mind. Perth, Western Australia: Western Australian Drug and Alcohol Office, 2010. http://www.dao.health.wa.gov.au/DesktopModules/Bring2mind/DMX/Download.aspx?Command=Core_Download&EntryId=396&PortalId=0&TabId=211. Last accessed 23 May 2012.
- 51The Australian Ministers being pushed on pregnancy alcohol warning labels, 2012. Melbourne, Victoria: News Limited; Last accessed 30 January 2013..