Provision of individualised obstetric risk advice to increase health facility usage by women at risk of a complicated delivery: a cohort study of women in the rural highlands of West Ethiopia
Article first published online: 6 MAR 2013
© 2013 The Authors BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology © 2013 RCOG
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 120, Issue 8, pages 971–978, July 2013
How to Cite
Provision of individualised obstetric risk advice to increase health facility usage by women at risk of a complicated delivery: a cohort study of women in the rural highlands of West Ethiopia. BJOG 2013; DOI 10.1111/1471/0528.12190., , , .
- Issue published online: 11 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 6 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 JAN 2013
- Maternity Worldwide
- 3Equity in maternal, newborn, and child health interventions in Countdown to 2015: a retrospective review of survey data from 54 countries. Lancet 2012;379:1225–33., , , , , , et al.
- 4Ethiopia: Improving Health Service Delivery. Washington DC: The International Bank for Reconstruction & Development/World Bank, 2009., , , .
- 5Central Statistical Agency. Ethiopia Demographic & Health Survey. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia: Central Statistical Agency; 2012.
- 6‘A normal delivery takes place at home’: a qualitative study of the location of childbirth in rural Ethiopia. Matern Child Health J 2012; DOI:10.1007/s10995-012-0965-3. Epub ahead of print., , , .
- 7Incidence, cause and outcome of obstructed labour in Jimma University specialised hospital. Ethiop J Health Sci 2010;20:145–51., , .
- 9World Health Organization. Mother–Baby-Package: Implementing Safe Motherhood in Countries. Geneva: WHO, 1996.
- 10Unicef. Ethiopia. Statistics. [www.unicef.org/infobycountry/ethiopia_statistics.html]. Accessed 7 September 2012.
- 11Qualitative study of maternal referrals in rural Tanzania: decision making and acceptance of referral advice. Afr J Reprod Health 2008;12:120–31., , , , .
- 12How much time do health services spend on antenatal care? Implications for the introduction of the focussed antenatal care model in Tanzania. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 2006;6:22., , , , .
- 14Assessment of safe delivery service utilization among women of childbearing age in north Gondor Zone, North West Ethiopia. Ethiop J Health Dev 2004;18:145–52., , .
- 15Predictors of safe delivery service utilisation in Arsi Zone, South-East Ethiopia. Ethiop J Health Sci 2011;21:95–106., , .
- 16Prevention of postpartum haemorrhage: options for home births in rural Ethiopia. Afr J Reprod Health 2009;13:87–95., , , , .
- 18Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Ministry of Health. National Reproductive Strategy, 2006–2015. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia: FMOH, 2006.