Predictors of antenatal alcohol use among Australian women: a prospective cohort study
Version of Record online: 17 JUL 2013
© 2013 RCOG
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 120, Issue 11, pages 1366–1374, October 2013
How to Cite
Predictors of antenatal alcohol use among Australian women: a prospective cohort study. BJOG 2013;120:1366–1374., , , , , .
- Issue online: 11 SEP 2013
- Version of Record online: 17 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 MAY 2013
- Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing
- 2Assessing pregnant women's compliance with different alcohol guidelines: an 11-year prospective study. Med J Aust 2010;192:690–3., , , , , .
- 7Dose–response relationship between alcohol consumption before and during pregnancy and the risks of low birthweight, preterm birth and small for gestational age (SGA)—a systematic review and meta-analyses. BJOG 2011;118:1411–21., , , , , .
- 16Alcohol Consumption During Pregnancy: Results from the 2010 National Drug Strategy Household Survey. Available from [http://www.fare.org.au/media-news/]. Deakin, ACT: Centre for Alcohol Policy Research, Foundation for Alcohol Research and Education; 2012. Accessed 13 March 2012., .
- 23National Health and Medical Research Council. Is There a Safe Level of Daily Consumption of Alcohol for Men and Women? [prepared by Pols R and Hawks D]. 2nd edn. Canberra: Commonwealth of Australia; 1992.
- 24National Health and Medical Research Council. Australian Guidelines to Reduce Health Risks from Drinking Alcohol. Canberra: Commonwealth of Australia; 2009.
- 25National Health and Medical Research Council. Australian Alcohol Guidelines: Health Risks and Benefits. Canberra: Commonwealth of Australia; 2001.
- 31National Collaborating Centre for Women's and Children's Health. Clinical Guideline 11. Fertility: Assessment and Treatment for People with Fertility Problems. London: National Institute for Clinical Excellence; 2004.
- 34Psychological and/or educational interventions for reducing alcohol consumption in pregnant women and women planning pregnancy. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2009;2:CD004228., , , , , .
- 36Marie Stopes International. Real Choices, Women, Contraception and Unplanned Pregnancy. Websurvey, commissioned by Marie Stopes International. Available from: [http://www.mariestopes.org.au/research/australia/australia-real-choices-key-findings]; January 2008. Accessed 13 October 2012.
- 44Guidelines for Preventive Activities in General Practice, 7th edn. South Melbourne: The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners; 2009., , , , , , et al.
- 45National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Antenatal Care: Routine Care for the Healthy Pregnant Woman. NICE Clinical Guideline 62. London: NICE; 2008.