Antenatal interventions to reduce maternal distress: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised trials
Version of Record online: 8 JAN 2014
© 2014 Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 121, Issue 4, pages 389–397, March 2014
How to Cite
Antenatal interventions to reduce maternal distress: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised trials. BJOG 2014;121:389–397., , , , .
- Issue online: 17 FEB 2014
- Version of Record online: 8 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 SEP 2013
- Regional Attention and Action for Knowledge. Grant Number: PRO 2-014
- Foundation Innovation Alliance
- Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science
- 1World Health Organization. Maternal Mental Health and Child Health Development in low and Middle-Income Countries. Report on the WHO-UNFPA meeting held in Geneva, Switzerland 30 January – 1 February 2008. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2008.
- 12Maternal distress: concept analysis. J Adv Nurs 2010;66:2104–15., .
- 13Midwifery 2020 Final Report. Delivering Expectations 2010 [cited 17 July 2013] Available from: http://www.dhsspsni.gov.uk/midwifery_2020_report.pdf
- 14Preventing Mental, Emotional, and Behavioural Disorders Among Young People: Progress and Possibilities. Washington: National Academic Press, 2009., , .
- 15Prevention and Early Intervention Literature Review. Ashfield: NSW Department of Community Services, 2005., , , .
- 16Parent-training programmes for improving maternal psychosocial health (Review). In: Cochrane Library. Issue 1. Chichester, Sussex: John Wiley & Sons Ltd; 2009., , .
- 17Interventions (other than pharmalogical, psychosocial or psychological) for treating antenatal depression (Review). In: Cochrane Library. Issue 6. Chichester, Sussex: John Wiley & Sons Ltd; 2010., .
- 18Mind-body interventions during pregnancy for preventing or treating women's anxiety (Review). In: Cochrane Library. Issue 7. Chichester, Sussex: John Wiley & Sons Ltd; 2011., , , , , , et al.
- 19The importance of assessing psychological status during pregnancy, childbirth and the postnatal period as a multidimensional construct: a literature review. Clin Eff Nurs 2004;8:143–55..
- 20Continuity in self-report measures of maternal anxiety, stress, and depressive symptoms from pregnancy through two years postpartum. J Psychosom Obstet Gynecol 2008;1:1–10., , .
- 21Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions. Chichester, Sussex: John Wiley & Sons Ltd, 2008., .
- 22The World Bank. Country and lending groups [cited 17 July 2011]. Washington: The World Bank Group. Available from: http://data.worldbank.org/about/country-classifications
- 25Introduction to Meta-Analysis. Chichester, Sussex: John Wiley & Sons Ltd, 2009., , , .
- 28Mothers' AdvocateS In the Community (MOSAIC)-non-professional mentor support to reduce intimate partner violence and depression in mothers: a cluster randomised trial in primary care. Public Health 2011;11:178–87., , , , , .
- 32Effects of natural childbirth preparation versus standard antenatal education on epidural rates, experience of childbirth and parental stress in mothers and fathers: a randomised controlled multicentre trial. BJOG 2009;116:1167–76., , .
- 38A review of methods for missing data. Educ Res Eval 2001;7:353–83..
- 44National Collaborating Centre for Mental Health. Antenatal and Postnatal Mental Health. The NICE Guideline on Clinical Management and Service Guidance. Oxford: Alden Press, 2007.
- 48To screen or not to screen – that is the question in perinatal depression. MJA 2002;177(Suppl):S101–5., , , , , , et al.
- 494DSQ 4 Pregnancy. A Validation Study for Midwifery and Obstetric Practice of the Four-Dimensional Symptom Questionnaire (4DSQ), a Primary Care Instrument to Assess Psychological Complaints. [master thesis]. Amsterdam: University of Amsterdam, 2011., , .