When is birthweight at term abnormally low? A systematic review and meta-analysis of the association and predictive ability of current birthweight standards for neonatal outcomes
Version of Record online: 8 JAN 2014
© 2014 The Authors BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd on behalf of Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes.
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 121, Issue 5, pages 515–526, April 2014
How to Cite
When is birthweight at term abnormally low? A systematic review and meta-analysis of the association and predictive ability of current birthweight standards for neonatal outcomes. BJOG 2014;121:515–526., , , , .
- Issue online: 18 MAR 2014
- Version of Record online: 8 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 SEP 2013
- Mary Crosse Fellowship, Birmingham Womens' Hospital
- 1Center for Maternal and Child Enquiries (CMACE). Perinatal Mortality 2009: United Kingdom. London: CMACE, 2011
- 3Current concepts in intrauterine growth restriction. J Intensive Care Med 2004;19:307–19., , , .
- 8Intrauterine growth restriction: new standards for assessing adverse outcome. Clin Obstet Gynaecol 2009;23:741–9..
- 10Intrauterine growth retardation and long-term effects on growth. Curr Opin Pediatr 1999;11:1999..
- 12Systematic Reviews: CRD's Guidance for Undertaking Reviews in Health Care. York, UK: NHS Centre for Reviews and Dissemination, University of York, 2009, , , , .
- 18The interpretation of random effects meta-analysis. BMJ 2011;342:d549., , .
- 25METABIAS: Stata module to test for small-study effects in meta-analysis, 2009. Boston College Department of Economics, Statistical Software Components S404901 ., , , .
- 26METAN: Stata module for fixed and random effects meta-analysis, 2006. Statistical Software Components S456798, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 2009., , , , , , et al.
- 27METANDI: Stata module to perform meta-analysis of diagnostic accuracy, 2008. Statistical Software Components S456932, Boston College Department of Economics..
- 40Small for gestational age: risk factor for neonatal mortality. Rev Saude Publica 1998;32:217–24., .
- 42Neonatal morbidity and mortality related to low birthweight in full-term neonates. Pediatr Res 2003;53:2601., , , .
- 48Introducing new data on gestation-specific infant mortality among babies born in 2005 in England and Wales. Health Stat Quarterly 2007;35:13–27., , , , .
- 57Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions. Version 5.1.0 [updated March 2011]. The Cochrane Collaboration, 2011. Available from www.cochrane-handbook.org., , editors.
- 58Chapter 10: Analysing and Presenting results. In: Deeks JJ, Bossuyt PM, Gatsonis C, editors. Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Diagnostic Test Accuracy Version 1.0. The Cochrane Collaboration, 2010. Available from: http://srdta.cochrane.org/., , , , .
- 59NCC-WCH. Antenatal care: routine care for the healthy pregnant woman. [Second]. 2009 [www.nice.org.uk]. Accessed 30 April 2012.
- 64Multivariable Model-Building: A Pragmatic Approach to Regression Analysis Based on Fractional Polynomials for Modelling Continuous Variables. Chichester: John Wiley, 2008., .
- 65The InterBio-21st consortium. The InterBio-21st study: the functional classification of abnormal fetal and neonatal growth phenotypes. 2012. University of Oxford [http://www.medscinet.net/Interbio/Uploads/ProtocolDocs/INTERBIO-21st%20Study%20Protocol%20October%202012%20(SK%20revised).pdf]. Accessed 7 May 2013.