A comparative study of the prevalence of domestic violence in women requesting a termination of pregnancy and those attending the antenatal clinic
Article first published online: 22 JAN 2014
© 2014 Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 121, Issue 5, pages 627–633, April 2014
How to Cite
A comparative study of the prevalence of domestic violence in women requesting a termination of pregnancy and those attending the antenatal clinic. BJOG 2014;121:627–633., , , , .
- Issue published online: 18 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 22 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 NOV 2013
- 1Home Office. Information for Local Areas on the change to the Definition of Domestic Violence and Abuse 2013. [www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publications/crime/guide-on-definition-of-dv?view=Binary]. Accessed 12 March 2013.
- 2Office of National Statistics Statistical Bulletin. Focus on Violent crime and Sexual Offences, 2011/2012, p 18, [http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/dcp171778_298904.pdf]. Accessed 10 January 2014.
- 3The Cost of Domestic Violence. London: Women and Equality Unit, 2004..
- 4How far does screening women for domestic (partner) violence in different health-care settings meet criteria for a screening programme? Systematic reviews of nine UK National Screening Committee criteria Health Technol Assess 2009;13:26–27., , , , , , et al.
- 5Domestic violence during pregnancy and mental health: exploratory study in primary health centers in Penalolen. ISRN Obstet Gynecol 2011;2011:265817., , , .
- 6Report from the Domestic Violence sub–group. Responding to Violence against Women and Children—the Role of the NHS Taskforce on the Health Aspects of Violence Against Women and Children March, 2010.
- 7Counting the Costs: Estimating the Impact of Domestic Violence in the London Borough of Hackney. London: Crime Concern, 1998., , , .
- 14Hull City Council: Population. [www.hullcc.gov.uk/portal/page?_pageid=221,147225&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL]. Accessed 15 April 2013.
- 20Frequency pattern of intimate partner violence before during after pregnancy. Rev Saude Publica 2011;45:1044–53., , , .
- 23Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecology. The Care of Women Requesting Induced Abortion.Evidence-based Clinical Guideline. Number 7. London: RCOG Press, 2011.
- 24Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Stalking: Findings from the British Crime Survey. Home Office Research Study 276 March 2004. [http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20110218135832/rds.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs04/hors276.pdf]. Accessed 4 April 2013., .
- 26Women and Domestic Violence: Programs and Tools that Improve Care for Victims. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 2004. Research in Action: Issue 15. AHRQ Pub. No. 04-0055., .
- 27The Confidential Enquiry into Maternal and Child Health (CEMACH). Saving Mothers' Lives: Reviewing Maternal Deaths to Make Motherhood Safer—2003–2005. The Seventh Report on Confidential Enquiries into Maternal Deaths in the United Kingdom. London: CEMACH, 2007. editor.
- 28Tackling Violence at Home; A strategy for tackling Domestic Violence and Abuse in Northern Ireland October 2005c. [www.dhsspsni.gov.uk/tackling_violence_strategy.pdf]. Accessed 12 April 13.