Fetal scalp blood sampling during labour: is it a useful diagnostic test or a historical test that no longer has a place in modern clinical obstetrics?
Article first published online: 6 MAR 2014
© 2014 Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 121, Issue 9, pages 1056–1062, August 2014
How to Cite
Fetal scalp blood sampling during labour: is it a useful diagnostic test or a historical test that no longer has a place in modern clinical obstetrics?. BJOG 2014;121:1056–1062..
- Issue published online: 22 JUL 2014
- Article first published online: 6 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 SEP 2013
- 4National Institute of Clinical Excellence. Intrapartum care: care of healthy women and their babies during labour. NICE Clinical Guideline No. 55. London: NICE; September 2007.
- 5Continuous cardiotocography (CTG) as a form of electronic fetal monitoring (EFM) for fetal assessment during labour. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2006:CD006066., , .
- 10Intrapartum fetal scalp lactate sampling for fetal assessment in the presence of a non-reassuring fetal heart rate trace. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2010: CD006174, , , , .
- 18American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. ACOG Practice Bulletin No. 106. Intrapartum fetal heart rate monitoring: nomenclature, interpretation, and general management principles. Obstet Gynecol 2009;114:192–202.