Overview of abortion cases with severe maternal outcomes in the WHO Multicountry Survey on Maternal and Newborn Health: a descriptive analysis
Version of Record online: 18 MAR 2014
© 2014 RCOG The World Health Organization retains copyright and all other rights in the manuscript of this article as submitted for publication.
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Special Issue: Maternal and Perinatal Morbidity and Mortality: Findings from the WHO Multicountry Survey
Volume 121, Issue Supplement s1, pages 25–31, March 2014
How to Cite
on behalf of the WHO Multicountry Survey on Maternal Newborn Health Research Network. Overview of abortion cases with severe maternal outcomes in the WHO Multicountry Survey on Maternal and Newborn Health: a descriptive analysis. BJOG 2014; 121 (Suppl. 1): 25–31., , , , , ,
- Issue online: 18 MAR 2014
- Version of Record online: 18 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 DEC 2013
- UNDP/UNFPA/WHO/World Bank Special Programme of Research
- Development and Training in Human Reproduction (HRP)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan
- Gynuity Health Projects
- 1The Prevention and Management of Unsafe Abortion-Report of a Technical Working Group. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization, 1992.
- 2Unsafe Abortion: Global and Regional Estimates of the Incidence of Unsafe Abortion and Associated Mortality in 2008, 6th edn. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization, 2011.
- 3World Health Report 2008- Primary Health Care: Now More Than Ever. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization, 2008.
- 4Women and Health: Today's Evidence, Tomorrow's Agenda. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization, 2009.
- 6Quantifying the global burden of morbidity due to unsafe abortion: magnitude in hospital-based studies and methodological issues. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 2012;118 (Suppl 2):S65–77., , , .
- 11United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs PD. World Abortion Policies. New York, USA: United Nations, 2011.
- 12Development Report 2013. The rise of the South: Human Progress in a Diverse World. New York, NY: United Nations Development Programme, 2013..
- 19Safe Abortion: Technical and Policy Guidance for Health Systems, 2nd edn. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization, 2012.
- 20Surgical procedures for evacuating incomplete miscarriage. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2010:CD001993., , .