This study was presented as a poster presentation resulting in two published abstracts at the Annual Conference of the British Maternal and Fetal Medicine Society, Dublin, 2013 (Nuzum D, Meaney S, O'Donoghue K. The personal and professional impact of stillbirth on consultant obstetricians. Arch Dis Childhood Fetal Neonatal Edn 2013;98(Suppl 1):A90) and the Annual Scientific Meeting of the Society for Social Medicine, Brighton, 2013 (Nuzum D, Meaney S, O'Donoghue K. The personal and professional impact of stillbirth on consultant obstetricians. J Epidemiol Community Health 2013;67(Suppl 1):A55–6).
The impact of stillbirth on consultant obstetrician gynaecologists: a qualitative study†
Version of Record online: 3 MAR 2014
© 2014 Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 121, Issue 8, pages 1020–1028, July 2014
How to Cite
The impact of stillbirth on consultant obstetrician gynaecologists: a qualitative study. BJOG 2014;121:1020–1028., , .
- Issue online: 24 JUN 2014
- Version of Record online: 3 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 NOV 2013
- 2Support after stillbirth and its effect on parental grief over time. J Soc Work End Life Palliat Care 2011;7:139–52., , , .
- 7Evaluation of care after stillbirth in Sweden based on mothers’ gratitude. Br J Midwifery 2011;19:646–52., , , , .
- 9Support for mothers, fathers and families after perinatal death. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2008;1 [www.mrw.interscience.wiley.com/cochrane/clsysrev/articles/CD000452/frame.html]. Accessed 15 August 2012., .
- 10After a stillbirth—offering choices, creating memories. Br J Midwifery 2009;17:798–801., .
- 14Workup of the patient with stillbirth. In: Spong CY, editor. Stillbirth: Prediction, Prevention and Management. Chichester: Wiley-Blackwell; 2011. 187 pp., .
- 17Interpretative Phenomenological Analysis (IPA): a qualitative methodology of choice in healthcare research. Qual Res Psychol 2008;5:214–24., .
- 18Interpretative Phenomonological Analysis: Theory, Method, Research. London: Sage; 2009., , .
- 19Qualitative Psychology: A Practical Guide to Research Methods, 2nd edn. Los Angeles, CA: SAGE Publications; 2008..
- 20Pregnancy Loss and the Death of a Baby: Guidelines for Professionals, 3rd edn. London: SANDS; 2007., , .
- 21State Claims Agency. Clinical Indemnity Scheme Newsletter. Dublin: State Claims Agency; 2012.
- 22NHS Litigation Authority. Ten Years of Maternity Claims. London: NHS Litigation Authority; 2012.
- 24Institute of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists RCoPoI, Directorate of Strategy and Clinical Programmes HSE. Investigation and Management of Late Fetal Intrauterine Death and Stillbirth, 1.0 edn. Dublin: Health Services Executive, 2011.