CLONEMESI, an academic independent trial, was devised to assess the effect of TD clonidine in improving the symptoms of severe HG affecting women in their 6th–12th week of pregnancy. The trial was registered at ClinicalTrials.gov with the ID number NCT01559012. (http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01559012?term=clonidine+hyperemesis&rank=1).
Transdermal clonidine in the treatment of severe hyperemesis. A pilot randomised control trial: CLONEMESI
Version of Record online: 1 APR 2014
© 2014 Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 121, Issue 12, pages 1556–1562, November 2014
How to Cite
Transdermal clonidine in the treatment of severe hyperemesis. A pilot randomised control trial: CLONEMESI. BJOG 2014;121:1556–1563., , , , , , .
ID number NCT01559012
Linked article This article is commented on by Stephansson O et al., pp. 1563 in this issue. To view this mini commentary visit http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/1471-0528.12761.
- Issue online: 27 OCT 2014
- Version of Record online: 1 APR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 DEC 2013
- Azienda Ospedaliera OIRM—Sant'Anna
- 11A novel approach to hyperemesis gravidarum: evaluation by a VAS score and treatment with transdermal clonidine. Obst Med 2011;4:156–9., .
- 15Alpha-2 adrenergic agonists for the prevention of cardiac complications among patients undergoing surgery. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2009:CD00412., , .
- 17Clonidine blocks acute opiate-withdrawal symptoms. Lancet 1978;ii:599–602., , .
- 22The effect of oral clonidine premedication on nausea and vomiting after ear surgery. Middle East J Anesthesiol 2010;20:691., , .