Linked article This article is commented on by WA Grobman, p. 105 in this issue. To view this mini commentary visit http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/1471-0528.12849. The article has journal club questions by EYL Leung, p. 106 in this issue. To view these visit http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/1471-0528.12847.
A randomised controlled trial of outpatient compared with inpatient cervical ripening with prostaglandin E2 (OPRA study)
Article first published online: 14 MAY 2014
© 2014 Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 122, Issue 1, pages 94–104, January 2015
How to Cite
A randomised controlled trial of outpatient compared with inpatient cervical ripening with prostaglandin E2 (OPRA study). BJOG 2015;122:94–106., , , .
- Issue published online: 26 DEC 2014
- Article first published online: 14 MAY 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 MAR 2014
- National Health and Medical Research Council of Australia. Grant Number: 519236
- 2Australia's Mothers and Babies 2009. Perinatal statistics series no. 25. Cat. no. PER 52 Sydney, NSW: AIHW National Perinatal Epidemiology and Statistics Unit, 2011., , , .
- 4Pregnancy Outcome in South Australia 2010. Adelaide, SA: Pregnancy Outcome Unit, SA Health, Government of South Australia; 2012., , , .
- 5South Australian Perinatal Practice Guidelines. Chapter 4 – Induction of labour techniques. Maternity Care in South Australia, May 2009. Government of South Australia.
- 6A randomised controlled trial of outpatient versus inpatient labour induction with vaginal controlled release prostaglandin-E2: effectiveness and satisfaction. J Obstet Gynaecol Can 2003;25:23–31., , , , .
- 10National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Induction of Labour. NICE Clinical Guidelines 70. London: RCOG Press, 2008.
- 14Quantifying Women's Preferences for priming for labour induction: a discrete choice experiment. J Paediatr Child Health. 2013;49:71–2., , , , .
- 15Royal Australian College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. Intrapartum Fetal Surveillance Clinical Guidelines, 2nd edn. Melbourne: Royal Australian College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, 2006.
- 16OpenEpi: Open Source Epidemiologic Statistics for Public Health, Version 2.3.1[www.OpenEpi.com 2011]. Accessed 15 December 2013., , .
- 18Methods of cervical ripening and labour induction in late pregnancy: generic protocol (Protocol). Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2009;3:1–11., , , , , , et al.
- 24Randomised trial of inpatient vs outpatient administration of prostaglandin E2 gel for induction of labour at term. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1998;178: 303., , .
- 25A prospective study of induction of labor with prostaglandin vaginal gel: ambulatory versus in-patient administration. Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 1999;26:165–8., , .
- 31Randomised placebo-controlled trial of outpatient (at home) cervical ripening with isosorbide mononitrate (IMN) prior to induction of labour-clinical trial with analyses of efficacy and acceptability. The IMOP Study BJOG 2009;116:1185–95., , , , , , et al.