ADHD: A Survey of Psychiatric and Paediatric Practice
Article first published online: 4 APR 2002
Child and Adolescent Mental Health
Volume 7, Issue 2, pages 73–78, May 2002
How to Cite
Salmon, G. and Kemp, A. (2002), ADHD: A Survey of Psychiatric and Paediatric Practice. Child and Adolescent Mental Health, 7: 73–78. doi: 10.1111/1475-3588.00014
- Issue published online: 4 APR 2002
- Article first published online: 4 APR 2002
- 1American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (1997). Practice parameters for the assessment and treatment of children, adolescents and adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 36 (10, supplement), 85S–121S.
- 2American Psychiatric Association (1994). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (4th ed.). Washington: American Psychiatric Association.
- 32001). Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and the use of methylphenidate: A survey of the views of general practitioners. Psychiatric Bulletin, 25, 301–304.(
- 51990). Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: A handbook for diagnosis and treatment. New York: Guilford.(
- 61996). Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. In E. J. Mash & R. A. Barkley (Eds.), Child psychopathology. New York: Guilford Press.(
- 71998). Practice guidelines for the diagnosis and management of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Ambulatory Child Health, 4, 45–58., & (
- 81997). Psychostimulants and British child psychiatrists. Child Psychology and Psychiatry Review, 2, 159–162.(
- 91996). Hyperkinetic disorder: Assessment and treatment. Advances in Psychiatric Treatment, 2, 94–102., & (
- 121999). Recognising hyperactivity: A guide for the cautious clinician. Child Psychology and Psychiatry Review, 4, 50–60., & (
- 131999). Protocol for a trial of medication in the treatment of ADHD in general clinics. In C. Joughin & M. Zwi (Eds.), Focus on the use of stimulants in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Primary evidence-base briefing. London: The Royal College of Psychiatrists., & (
- 141996). A survey of the prescribing practices of child and adolescent psychiatrists. Child Psychology and Psychiatry Review, 1, 94–97.(
- 15National Institute for Clinical Excellence (2000). Guidance on the use of methylphenidate (Ritalin, Equasym) for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). In Childhood Technology Appraisal Guidance, No. 13. London: National Institute for Clinical Excellence.
- 171988). Disorders usually evident in infancy, childhood or adolescence. In J. A. Talbott, R. E. Hales & S. C. Yudofsky (Eds.), Textbook of psychiatry (pp. 649–735). Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Press.(
- 191991). Assessment and classification of attention deficit hyperactivity disorders. School Psychology Review, 20, 187–202., & (
- 20Secretary of State for Health. (1998). A first class service: Quality in the new NHS. London: HMSO.
- 211999). Assessing services for children with ADHD: Gaps and opportunities. Journal of Attention Disorders, 3, 13–29., , & (
- 24World Health Organisation. (1992). The ICD-10 classification of mental and behavioural disorders: Clinical descriptions and diagnostic guidelines. Switzerland: WHO.