Address correspondence to Harold S. Luft, Ph.D., Professor and Director, Institute for Health Policy Studies, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94118.
Variations in Patterns of Care and Outcomes after Acute Myocardial Infarction for Medicare Beneficiaries in Fee-for-Service and HMO Settings
Article first published online: 12 AUG 2003
Health Services Research
Volume 38, Issue 4, pages 1065–1079, August 2003
How to Cite
Luft, H. S. (2003), Variations in Patterns of Care and Outcomes after Acute Myocardial Infarction for Medicare Beneficiaries in Fee-for-Service and HMO Settings. Health Services Research, 38: 1065–1079. doi: 10.1111/1475-6773.00163
Gerald Kominski of UCLA provided the linked hospital discharge record data and Dexter Jung of CMRI supervised the linkage of those data with the Medicare enrollment files. Deborah Rennie of UCSF prepared the analytic files from those linked data. (Preparation and linkage of the discharge abstract and Medicare enrollment data upon which this article is based were performed under contract no. 500-96-P535 titled “Utilization and Quality Control Peer Review Organization for the State of California,” sponsored by the Health Care Financing Administration [HCFA], Department of Health and Human Services [DHHS], a result of the Health Care Quality Improvement Program initiated by HCFA, which has encouraged identification of quality improvement projects derived from analysis of patterns of care, and therefore required no special funding on the part of this contractor [California Medical Review, Inc.].) The content of this paper does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of CMRI or DHHS. The author assumes full responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of the ideas presented. Partial support for this project was provided by the Integrated Healthcare Association.
- Issue published online: 12 AUG 2003
- Article first published online: 12 AUG 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!