This paper is based on my dissertation completed at the University of Michigan. I thank the members of my dissertation committee: Raffi Indjejikian (co-chair), Douglas Skinner (co-chair), Eugene Imhoff, E. Philip Howrey, and Tyler Shumway. Helpful comments and suggestions have been received from Ray Ball (the editor), two anonymous referees, Anne Beatty, Mark Bradshaw, Ilia Dichev, Troy Janes, Richard Lambert, Venky Nagar, D. J. Nanda, Joseph Piotroski, Abbie Smith, Earl Stice, and workshop participants at Brigham Young University, the University of California at Davis, the University of Chicago, Cornell University, Duke University, the University of Pennsylvania, the Pennsylvania State University, the University of Rochester, and the 2000 American Accounting Association annual meeting. All errors are my own. I gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the University of Michigan Business School, the William A. Paton Accounting Fund, the PricewaterhouseCoopers Foundation, and the Graduate School of Business at the University of Chicago.
The Relation Between Insider-Trading Restrictions and Executive Compensation
Version of Record online: 17 APR 2003
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 41, Issue 3, pages 525–551, June 2003
How to Cite
Roulstone, D. T. (2003), The Relation Between Insider-Trading Restrictions and Executive Compensation. Journal of Accounting Research, 41: 525–551. doi: 10.1111/1475-679X.00115
- Issue online: 17 APR 2003
- Version of Record online: 17 APR 2003
- Recieved 23 May 2001; accepted 13 November 2001
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!