Accepted by Haresh Sapra. I thank Laura Field, Dave Haushalter, Michelle Lowry, Annette Vissing-Jørgensen, and an anonymous referee for their helpful comments and suggestions. I have also benefited from conversations and feedback from Snehal Banerjee, Nick Barberis, Orie Barron, Sudipta Basu, Larry Brown, Fritz Burkhardt, Joey Engelberg, Grant Farnsworth, Paul Fischer, Mike Fishman, Paul Gao, Dan Givoly, Zhiguo He, Andrew Hertzberg, Steve Huddart, Peter Iliev, Jiro Kondo, Cami Kuhnen, Henock Louis, Mitchell Petersen, Jeff Pontiff, Paola Sapienza, Phil Shane, Joel Vanden, Raisa Velthuis, Svetla Vitanova, Beverly Walther, Adam Welker, and seminar participants at the 2011 Penn State Accounting Conference. All errors are mine.
Financial Analysts and the False Consensus Effect
Version of Record online: 3 MAY 2013
Copyright ©, University of Chicago on behalf of the Accounting Research Center, 2013
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 51, Issue 4, pages 855–907, September 2013
How to Cite
WILLIAMS, J. (2013), Financial Analysts and the False Consensus Effect. Journal of Accounting Research, 51: 855–907. doi: 10.1111/1475-679X.12016
- Issue online: 12 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 3 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 9 APR 2013 03:08PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 3 JAN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!