Accepted by Philip Berger. This paper is based on the first chapter of my dissertation at the University of Toronto, Rotman School of Management. I gratefully acknowledge the guidance provided by my co-chairs Gordon Richardson and Ping Zhang, and the other members of my dissertation committee, Jeffrey Callen and Gus De Franco, as well as the comments provided by my external examiner Michel Magnan. I thank an anonymous reviewer, Yiwei Dou, Ole-Kristian Hope, Yu Hou, Stephanie Larocque, Alastair Lawrence, Andrew Leone, Matthew Lyle, Hamed Mahmudi, Mikhail Pevzner, Sundaresh Ramnath, Dushyantkumar Vyas, Franco Wong, Baohua Xin, workshop participants at Baruch College, Boston College, Pennsylvania State University, Rutgers University, University of Miami, University of Southern California, University of Toronto, University of Waterloo, University of Western Ontario, the 2012 International Symposium on Audit Research, the 2011 AAA Auditing Section Midyear Conference, and the 2008 CAAA Ph.D. Consortium, for helpful comments and suggestions. I also acknowledge the financial support of the Canadian Public Accountability Board. All errors are my own.
Does Auditor Industry Specialization Improve Audit Quality?
Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2013
Copyright ©, University of Chicago on behalf of the Accounting Research Center, 2013
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 51, Issue 4, pages 779–817, September 2013
How to Cite
MINUTTI-MEZA, M. (2013), Does Auditor Industry Specialization Improve Audit Quality?. Journal of Accounting Research, 51: 779–817. doi: 10.1111/1475-679X.12017
- Issue online: 12 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 7 JUN 2013 12:24PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 24 OCT 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!