Accepted by Christian Leuz. We are grateful to the senior managers at the company that supplied data for the analysis and granted us extensive access to the research site and its employees. We also gratefully appreciate the comments and suggestions made by Thomas Dohmen, Timothy Keune, Ken Merchant, Gerhard Speckbacher, Kristy Towry, an anonymous referee, and workshop participants at Maastricht University School of Business and Economics, Tilburg University, WU Vienna, the 2011 ERMAC Conference in Vienna, the 2012 Management Accounting Section Midyear Meeting in Houston, and the 2012 GMARS Conference in Copenhagen. The project was financially supported by a WU Vienna research grant. An online appendix to this paper can be downloaded at http://research.chicagobooth.edu/arc/journal/onlineappendices.aspx.
Managers' Choices of Performance Measures in Promotion Decisions: An Analysis of Alternative Job Assignments
Article first published online: 20 SEP 2013
Copyright ©, University of Chicago on behalf of the Accounting Research Center, 2013
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 51, Issue 5, pages 1187–1220, December 2013
How to Cite
GRABNER, I. and MOERS, F. (2013), Managers' Choices of Performance Measures in Promotion Decisions: An Analysis of Alternative Job Assignments. Journal of Accounting Research, 51: 1187–1220. doi: 10.1111/1475-679X.12027
- Issue published online: 23 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 20 SEP 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 4 SEP 2013 12:51PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 19 JUL 2012
- WU Vienna research
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!