Accepted by Philip Berger. We gratefully acknowledge comments from an anonymous referee, Ilan Gutman, Melissa Lewis (discussant), Scott Liao (discussant), Jeff Ng, Cathy Schrand, Joe Weber, Jing Wu, Gwen Yu (discussant), Luo Zuo, and seminar participants at the 2011 CARE-CEASA conference, the Interdisciplinary Center Herzliya, the 2011 NYU Summer Camp, the 2011 Stanford Summer Camp, the 2011 University of Colorado Summer Accounting Conference, the 2012 American Accounting Association Annual meetings, the University of Missouri, the University of Pittsburgh, and the University of Texas at Austin. We are indebted to David Sraer for his help with data issues. We are also grateful for the financial support of the Wharton School and the MIT Sloan School of Management.
The Relation Between Reporting Quality and Financing and Investment: Evidence from Changes in Financing Capacity
Article first published online: 22 OCT 2013
Copyright ©, University of Chicago on behalf of the Accounting Research Center, 2013
Journal of Accounting Research
How to Cite
BALAKRISHNAN, K., CORE, J. E. and VERDI, R. S. (2013), The Relation Between Reporting Quality and Financing and Investment: Evidence from Changes in Financing Capacity. Journal of Accounting Research. doi: 10.1111/1475-679X.12031
- Article first published online: 22 OCT 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 24 SEP 2013 11:29AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Received: 22 SEP 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!