Accepted by Philip Berger. We thank Najah Attig, Narjess Boubakri, Jean-Claude Cosset, Sadok El Ghoul, Mara Faccio, Clive Lennox, Pete Lisowsky, Stefan Sundgren, and especially an anonymous referee for their insights on an earlier version of this paper. Our paper has also benefited from comments from participants at the 2012 European Accounting Association Conference, the 2011 Global Finance Conference, and seminars at various universities. We appreciate financial support from Canada's Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council as well as excellent research assistance from Nabhomani Aggarwal, David Godsell, and Zeina Mehdi. Omrane Guedhami and Jeffrey Pittman gratefully acknowledge funding from the Center for International Business Education and Research at the University of South Carolina and the CMA Professorship/Chair in Corporate Governance and Transparency at Memorial University, respectively.
Auditor Choice in Politically Connected Firms
Article first published online: 29 OCT 2013
Copyright ©, University of Chicago on behalf of the Accounting Research Center, 2013
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 52, Issue 1, pages 107–162, March 2014
How to Cite
GUEDHAMI, O., PITTMAN, J. A. and SAFFAR, W. (2014), Auditor Choice in Politically Connected Firms. Journal of Accounting Research, 52: 107–162. doi: 10.1111/1475-679X.12032
- Issue published online: 21 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 29 OCT 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 3 OCT 2013 02:30PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Received: 26 APR 2011
- Canada's Social Sciences
- Humanities Research Council
- Center for International Business Education and Research at the University of South Carolina
- CMA Professorship/Chair in Corporate Governance and Transparency at Memorial University
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!