Accepted by Douglas Skinner. We appreciate the helpful comments of an anonymous referee, Paul Fischer, Joachim Gassen, Wayne Guay, Bob Holthausen, Mingyi Hung, Alon Kalay (the discussant), Yun Lou, Laurence van Lent, Ro Verrecchia, Beverly Walther, and workshop participants at the 2012 HKUST Accounting Research Symposium, 2013 Cherry Blossom Conference at George Washington University, 2013 European Accounting Association meeting, 2013 Journal of Accounting Research Conference, 2013 Swiss Economists Abroad Conference, Columbia University, Humboldt University, Northwestern University, University of Pennsylvania, and University of Zurich.
Dividend Payouts and Information Shocks
Version of Record online: 8 MAR 2014
Copyright ©, University of Chicago on behalf of the Accounting Research Center, 2014
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 52, Issue 2, pages 403–456, May 2014
How to Cite
HAIL, L., TAHOUN, A. and WANG, C. (2014), Dividend Payouts and Information Shocks. Journal of Accounting Research, 52: 403–456. doi: 10.1111/1475-679X.12040
- Issue online: 1 APR 2014
- Version of Record online: 8 MAR 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 15 JAN 2014 11:33AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Received: 7 JAN 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!