Accepted by Phillip Berger. I sincerely thank the members of my dissertation committee at Cornell University for their invaluable support: Robert Libby (chair), Mark Nelson, J. Edward Russo, and Steven Schwager. I also thank Robert Bloomfield, Scott Asay, Kristina Rennekamp, Eldar Makysmov, Mark Peecher, and workshop participants at the University of Kentucky, the University of Alberta, the University of Florida, Indiana University, the University of Notre Dame, the University of South Carolina, the University of Illinois, the University of Arizona, and the Georgia Institute of Technology for helpful comments.
Advantageous Comparison and Rationalization of Earnings Management
Article first published online: 29 APR 2014
Copyright ©, University of Chicago on behalf of the Accounting Research Center, 2014
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 52, Issue 4, pages 849–876, September 2014
How to Cite
BROWN, T. J. (2014), Advantageous Comparison and Rationalization of Earnings Management. Journal of Accounting Research, 52: 849–876. doi: 10.1111/1475-679X.12054
- Issue published online: 11 AUG 2014
- Article first published online: 29 APR 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 13 MAR 2014 08:51AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Received: 9 AUG 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!