Anneleen Vandeplas is a Postdoctoral Fellow of the Research Foundation Flanders (FWO) and Johan Swinnen is Professor in Development Economics and Director at LICOS – Center for Institutions and Economic Performance at the Faculty of Economics and Business, KU Leuven, Belgium. E-mail: email@example.com for correspondence. Bart Minten is a Senior Research Fellow at the International Food Policy Research Institute, Addis Ababa Office. We thank B.L. Joshi and his collaborators from KARAM for the implementation of the survey, Thomas Reardon, Nils Teufel, Ashok Gulati, Miet Maertens, and Kristine Vanherck for their valuable suggestions during the implementation of this research project, and participants at the Belgian Association of Agricultural Economists PhD workshop in Brussels, the CRED/LICOS seminar at FUNDP Namur, the IAMO Forum 2011 in Halle, and EAAE 2011 in Zurich for their useful comments on an earlier version of this article. Journal reviewers and Editors also contributed valuable comments.
Multinationals vs. Cooperatives: The Income and Efficiency Effects of Supply Chain Governance in India
Version of Record online: 24 JAN 2013
© 2013 The Agricultural Economics Society
Journal of Agricultural Economics
Volume 64, Issue 1, pages 217–244, February 2013
How to Cite
Vandeplas, A., Minten, B. and Swinnen, J. (2013), Multinationals vs. Cooperatives: The Income and Efficiency Effects of Supply Chain Governance in India. Journal of Agricultural Economics, 64: 217–244. doi: 10.1111/1477-9552.12004
- Issue online: 24 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 24 JAN 2013
- (Original submitted October 2011, revision received August 2012, accepted August 2012.)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!