The authors are grateful to scores of pulp mill managers, regulatory officials, industry consultants, and environmental activists—all of whom must remain anonymous—for their cooperation and insight. David Sonnenfeld, Kathryn Harrison, Peter May, and anonymous reviewers all gave us valuable advice on earlier drafts. Biyi Abesina provided valuable research assistance. The Center for the Study of Law and Society, University of California, Berkeley, provided space, administrative assistance, and social support for the research project that led to this article, and the Smith Richardson Foundation funded our research. Please direct correspondence to Robert A. Kagan, Center for the Study of Law & Society, University of California, 2240 Piedmont Ave., Berkeley, CA 94720; tel: (510) 642-4038; email: email@example.com.
Explaining Corporate Environmental Performance: How Does Regulation Matter?
Article first published online: 11 APR 2003
Law & Society Review
Volume 37, Issue 1, pages 51–90, March 2003
How to Cite
Kagan, R. A., Gunningham, N. and Thornton, D. (2003), Explaining Corporate Environmental Performance: How Does Regulation Matter?. Law & Society Review, 37: 51–90. doi: 10.1111/1540-5893.3701002
- Issue published online: 11 APR 2003
- Article first published online: 11 APR 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!