I would like to thank Joseph Sanders, Stewart Macaulay, Nina Tannenwald, Robert Gordon, Robert Ellickson, Ian Ayres, Mia Cahill, the anonymous Law & Society ReviewReview reviewers, and the organizers of the American Bar Foundation's project on “Law's Disciplinary Encounters” for their very helpful comments on previous drafts. Daniel Steward, too, deserves special recognition for his numerous contributions, including both substantive advice and research assistance. Additional guidance came from participants in the 2000 Law and Society Association meetings, the 2000 American Sociological Association meetings, and the University of Wisconsin's Workshop on Economic Sociology. Production of this article was supported in part by funding from the National Science Foundation (Grant SBE/SBR 9702605) and from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's Scholars in Health Policy Research Program. Any weaknesses or omissions that have survived these myriad generosities are, of course, my own. Please address all correspondence to Mark C. Suchman, University of Wisconsin Department of Sociology, 1180 Observatory Drive, Madison, WI 53706.
The Contract as Social Artifact
Version of Record online: 11 APR 2003
Law & Society Review
Volume 37, Issue 1, pages 91–142, March 2003
How to Cite
Suchman, M. C. (2003), The Contract as Social Artifact. Law & Society Review, 37: 91–142. doi: 10.1111/1540-5893.3701003
- Issue online: 11 APR 2003
- Version of Record online: 11 APR 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!