* Aggarwal is at Dartmouth College and Samwick is at Dartmouth College and the NBER. We thank Sheri Aggarwal; Andres Almazan; Andrew Bernard; Diego Garcia; Charlie Had-lock; Kose John; Michael Knetter; Praveen Kopalle; Dominic LaValle; Dennis Logue; Joel Vanden; Jeff Zwiebel; and seminar participants at Dartmouth, Michigan, Michigan State, Stanford, Tufts, the 11th Annual FEA Conference, the Western Finance Association Meetings, and the American Finance Association Meetings for helpful comments. The referee and editor provided numerous comments that greatly improved the paper. We also thank Bob Burnham for assistance with COMPUSTAT and Andy Halula for assistance with the ExecuComp database. Any errors are our own.
Why Do Managers Diversify Their Firms? Agency Reconsidered
Version of Record online: 12 FEB 2003
© 2003 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 58, Issue 1, pages 71–118, February 2003
How to Cite
Aggarwal, R. K. and Samwick, A. A. (2003), Why Do Managers Diversify Their Firms? Agency Reconsidered. The Journal of Finance, 58: 71–118. doi: 10.1111/1540-6261.00519
- Issue online: 12 FEB 2003
- Version of Record online: 12 FEB 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!