Chen is from the University of Baltimore and Singal is from Virginia Tech. The authors thank Erik Benrud, John Easterwood, Huseyin Gulen, Greg Kadlec, Raman Kumar, Abon Mozumdar, Doug Patterson, Don Rich, Barbara Remmers, and especially an anonymous referee and Richard Green (the editor) for comments. We thank NYSE Research division and the NASDAQ for providing access to short interest data. Singal acknowledges partial financial support from a Virginia Tech summer grant. All errors are our own.
Role of Speculative Short Sales in Price Formation: The Case of the Weekend Effect
Version of Record online: 21 MAR 2003
© 2003 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 58, Issue 2, pages 685–705, April 2003
How to Cite
Chen, H. and Singal, V. (2003), Role of Speculative Short Sales in Price Formation: The Case of the Weekend Effect. The Journal of Finance, 58: 685–705. doi: 10.1111/1540-6261.00541
- Issue online: 21 MAR 2003
- Version of Record online: 21 MAR 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!